I think i finally found a supplier

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm dropping a trailer off tomorrow for a guy. He's going to cut and stack it full of unsplit rounds. Nothing smaller then 6". Anything bigger then about 16" he's going to half. I'm buying 70 cords of green wood from him. Well at least that is how many I told him I wanted. I hope he can produce that much. I plan on dropping a trailer when it's full drop another and pick that one up. It's going to cost me $84 a cord. That's pretty cheap. It's all oak and hickory. Man I hope this works out.

Scott

I meant 70. I resell it. After I split it I'll average at least $300 a cord for it. I have to drive about 20 miles each way to pick it up. I'll haul 2 2/3 cords at a time. I'm trying to get to the point where I am moving about 150-175 cords a year. That will be enough for me.

Scott

Not a bad price for a chord but 70 WOW $5880 i like it free.

I like it free also. But finding a place to cut a large amount here is getting harder. Then taking the equipment to the woods takes time and money. The biggest thing is trying to find full days to devote to just cutting wood. That's getting harder and harder. Kids better paying jobs ect.

Scott

That's a good price compared to here.
$120/cord for a log truck and tandem trailer filled, delivered. 10cords or better in log form, surely it splits out more than that. A mix of the best hardwoods.

I'm dropping a trailer off tomorrow for a guy. He's going to cut and stack it full of unsplit rounds. Nothing smaller then 6". Anything bigger then about 16" he's going to half. I'm buying 70 cords of green wood from him. Well at least that is how many I told him I wanted. I hope he can produce that much. I plan on dropping a trailer when it's full drop another and pick that one up. It's going to cost me $84 a cord. That's pretty cheap. It's all oak and hickory. Man I hope this works out.

Scott

Not a bad deal for all prime rounds loaded in your trailer. Good find, hope he follows through...

I still get a chuckle out of the "free firewood" folks. I'm trying to figure out how they get it to appear- cut, split, and stacked- with no expense. I figure it costs me nearly $80/cord for my time ($10/hr), fuel and equipment to get it from the woods/tree to my house/cut&split!

i try to get all my wood free. i doint accaount saw gas as its nothing as im not cutting tons and tons of wood. i count the gas for my truck and thats about it. the way i figure it my time aint worth nuthin if i aint at work.

i try to get all my wood free. i doint accaount saw gas as its nothing as im not cutting tons and tons of wood. i count the gas for my truck and thats about it. the way i figure it my time aint worth nuthin if i aint at work.

You need to value your time. It's the only thing you can't replace. I will always spend money to try and speed things up. The time you save will always pay you more.

Scott

My would is free. My tree service will drop off 30 yarder containers of maple, ash, hickory, oak, etc, into my "wannabe lumberjack" area of the front yard. Saves them disposal fees, and I heat comfortably all winter long.:chainsaw:

Well that guy cut one load of ok wood and hasn;t called back to cut more. I wouldn't buy anymore from him anyway the quality wasn't up to par. I found a different supplier. I have to drive 30miles one way to get it. This guy cuts the nicest firewood you have seen. Cut split I'm paying $105 for a cord(3 stacks of 16"). The guy has a super splitter and he really cranks out the wood. So far this year he has sold 400 cords of wood. I picked up 2 2/3 cords last Thursday again on Sunday and I'm going back tomorrow for another load. I'll snap some pictures. The stuff is still a little green. He's cutting tops. They have been down for 9 months but not split. I should be able to sell some of it in January. I'm going to buy 70 cord of him for next year.

Scott

Well that guy cut one load of ok wood and hasn;t called back to cut more. I wouldn't buy anymore from him anyway the quality wasn't up to par. I found a different supplier. I have to drive 30miles one way to get it. This guy cuts the nicest firewood you have seen. Cut split I'm paying $105 for a cord(3 stacks of 16"). The guy has a super splitter and he really cranks out the wood. So far this year he has sold 400 cords of wood. I picked up 2 2/3 cords last Thursday again on Sunday and I'm going back tomorrow for another load. I'll snap some pictures. The stuff is still a little green. He's cutting tops. They have been down for 9 months but not split. I should be able to sell some of it in January. I'm going to buy 70 cord of him for next year.

Scott

Why not just have a roll-off dumpster dropped at his location, then, when its full the driver brings it to your place, dumps it, and puts it back at the supplier? You'd be moving a lot more than 2-2/3 cord per trip, and it would be someone elses equipment, and time being used, while yours is saved for better stuff, especially since you like the sellers product.

Strikes me as odd the someone would sell cut and split for 105 when the retail price is 300 delivered. Sounds like a good deal for you. Wish I had a supplier like that.

Strikes me as odd the someone would sell cut and split for 105 when the retail price is 300 delivered. Sounds like a good deal for you. Wish I had a supplier like that.

The man is not a people person. He doesn't want to mess with driving around deivering wood. He also doesn't have the truck to haul enough to make it worth his wild to go to the city. He's simple and I don't mean that in a bad way.

Scott

Back