Identifying A Stihl 056magnum Ii

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Balaska

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
HELLO EVERYONE I JUST PICKED UP A USED (OBVIOYSLY) STIHL 056 MAGNUM II. I REALIZE IT LOOKS JUST LIKE AN 056 OR 056 SUPER, HOWEVER IS THERE ANY IDENTIFYING TRAITS (LIKE SERIAL NUMBERS) THAT ARE PROOF POSITIVE OF THE SAW BEING AN ACTUAL 056 MAG. I REALIZE I CAN DISASSEMBLE IT AND MEASURE THE BORE, 54MM IF I'M CORRECT. WELL I PREFER THE EASIER ROUTE ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.THANKS
BILL:chainsaw:

First off the muffler should have 2 ports, one in front and one coming out the clutch side. Next pull the muffler (easy) and look at the base of the cylinder. If it is a magnum then the corners of the cylinder base will be beveled.

HELLO EVERYONE I JUST PICKED UP A USED (OBVIOYSLY) STIHL 056 MAGNUM II. I REALIZE IT LOOKS JUST LIKE AN 056 OR 056 SUPER, HOWEVER IS THERE ANY IDENTIFYING TRAITS (LIKE SERIAL NUMBERS) THAT ARE PROOF POSITIVE OF THE SAW BEING AN ACTUAL 056 MAG. I REALIZE I CAN DISASSEMBLE IT AND MEASURE THE BORE, 54MM IF I'M CORRECT. WELL I PREFER THE EASIER ROUTE ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.THANKS
BILL:chainsaw:

The magnum 2 is 56mm.... the bevels Hoss talks about are only on the lower portion of the cylinder mounts -you will likely have to scrap the junk away to see.

My father has an 056 but the engine seems to be locked up. It has been sitting in the garage for at least 15 years now(out of the weather). Are parts still available? It weighs a lot an is quite a bit heavier than our 044.

Keith

Latest posts

Back