idiots make us all look bad..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banshee67

Poulan Wild Thang
Reaction score
so i went to drop off a cord of rounds this afternoon to a new customer i met on craigslist, real nice guy, very happy i could help him out with some good wood.
anyway he starts telling me about the last guy he met on craigslist, he said he called the guy for firewood during winter.. the guy shows up in his dump truck, and wont dump the wood till he has the cash in his hand.. so the homeowner tells me he goes in and gets the cash, gives it to him, immediately dumps the load where hes parked, doesnt even get out, waves out the window and rips out. the guy walks over to the pile of wood and its ALL pine and poplar. he tries to track the guy down , wont answer his phone, calls the company the guy said he worked for, they never even heard of his name, called the local police of course they couldnt do anything about it, so he got screwed.
what is wrong with some people? they make us all look like #######s. now i see why people are very hesitant and weary with me on the phone before they have met me.. almost like no one will give me the benefit of the doubt because they have been screwed from people off craigslist so many times..its a shame so many people dont care about others and are just looking to make a quick buck by stealing peoples hard earned money. this guy and his wife are retired.. how could you just rip him off like that!?
anyway.. i just dropped him off a real nice cord of black locust, cherry and maple, he was very happy and told me he would like to get a bunch more. so we both win and we are both happy. i just couldnt imagine ripping people off like these craigslist morons do.. they make all of us look like #######s and scare people away from using craigslist when there are alot of good people out there like many of us on here, who care about giving good wood and making people happy. i cant believe someone would pull up with a dump truck of pine and poplar, demand the money first, dump it and rip out without saying anything .. i am a strong believer in karma and have seen it in action many times...lets hope it catches up to the retard in the dump truck selling pine and poplar ripping off old retired folks.
this guy also mentioned he is a woodworker in his spare time, and showed me some cool "decoy" ducks and stuff that he hand carved and painted and everything, im gona bring him some extra chunks next time for free to carve stuff with, few nice chunks of pine (he asked if i had any , i didnt know anyone even used that stuff for anything, guess he carves with it), cherry, locust, some of that mineral stained poplar i posted, ill bring him some nice big rounds for free with the next load so he can make some cool stuff, maybe that will lessen the sting of getting a load of poplar and pine from a craigslist douche huh? i dont know how some people live with themselves.. ok rant over!:cheers:

Last edited:
I sell a lot of firewood on craigslist. My price is higher then most. I post a picture of the wood stored under a barn. I also write a nice ad. I get a lot of calls from people who have been ripped off. I also deliver wood and leave an invoice to people I have never met. They then send me a check in the mail. I pick up a lot of customers like this. It makes it very easy for them. They don't have to wait around and I don't have to worry if they are home. I usually have to call one or 2 people a year and remind them to send a check. I have only had to repo one stack. It works great. I sold more wood to people this year that had been burned by someone else then ever before.

Scott

Makes you sad and mad at the way that some people are, not just with firewood but with life in general. Years ago, I sold some wood to a woman who used to live next to my parents (she's in a retirement home now) and she was happy with it. She asked me for wood (again years ago) and I didn't have any for her, and she was disappointed and I told her that there are guys in the newspaper that sell wood. She told me "I've been burned by them before-you're honest and you sell good wood". So I said "let me see what I can do for you", and ended up selling her wood that year and many other years after that, up until about 3 years ago. And she was in her mid 80's and knew her stuff about wood, and would invite me in and chat about wood and life. I was amazed that she was still interested in burning wood and that she could do it at that age.

I sell to a local woman that told me years ago that "I burn about a cord a year"; well, in the 3 years that I have known her she hasn't come close to using that, and I figure that some jackass ripped her off before that shorting her and telling her "that's a cord" when it probably wasn't even a half cord. Again, an older widowed woman that some jerk-off took advantage of-it makes me sick to know that stuff happens, but it does.

And yes, karma exists; what goes around comes around-those clowns will have to pay for their actions, sooner or later. How would they feel if someone did that to their mother or parents? :censored:

What I dont understand is that it takes the A hole the same amount of labor to cut ,split and deliver crap wood ! why not just do the right thing and deliver good wood !
MD

What I dont understand is that it takes the A hole the same amount of labor to cut ,split and deliver crap wood ! why not just do the right thing and deliver good wood !
MD

Thats easy!Crap wood is often easier to attain,more of it laying around and it is generally a whole lot lighter in weight.

Latest posts

Back