If "This thread was legitimate" disappears suddenly...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wulkowicz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
<i>

So i will not agree with that type of language about two members of this community.

Maybe i will delete this thread too if this direction continues.

Fans, I am disapointed thought you were more mature then that. Or is that the barley talkin?</i>

That's what I mean. The power to censor is a heady one indeed and we always need to provide honest and appropriate self control when we have power.

The thread hurt no one. It is exactly mature and is of the same substance that gives public forums their value.

I'm going to go out and look at a tree.

Bob Wulkowicz

I'll send you some lense papper to clean your spec's with Bob. That thread is right there at the top. In fact I'll stick it there for you for a day or so.;) :D

Originally posted by John Paul Sanborn
I'll send you some lense papper to clean your spec's with Bob. That thread is right there at the top. In fact I'll stick it there for you for a day or so.;) :D

The thread is at the top; the threat is at the bottom.

De ja vue all over again.

Bob Wulkowicz

"I no longer purchase from Sherrill because of my treatment by JPS."

Why Dan? Does JPS have some business interest in Sherrill's that I am not aware of? Why punish a sponsor for the actions of a moderator? Maybe there is a business relationship here that I was not aware of?

The problem could be solved if we all spent more time doing what we enjoy doing(being with the trees) and less time quibbling over BS at AS. We might actually have some more interesting topics to discuss.

Having said all that, Wolf Blitzer's thread was absurd. It would be more appropriate on Urologistsite.com, if it were in fact "legitimate".

Dan, i must admit, that i didn't understand that particular 'move'; but never saw it as a deal breaker either. i, persoanlly considered it more than an announce-meant myslef, but an important topic to explore.

The gi-ant is only hu-man, none of us can hold that against him.

You are so write about dollars being economic votes, i honestly see none better to vote for than Sherrill; dare i suggest that none of the 'others' are perfect either, though in not lending themselves as Sherrill has, they have not risked such exposure.

Duties of a Moderator

To be effective any meeting has to have a stated purpose or agenda to attract the people with interests and knowledge to contribute. There will always be people attracted who only want an audience or in some other way wish to embarrass the agenda. If there is no chairman (moderator) to keep things in line the meeting descends to such a level of confusion and futility that the people who could contribute leave in disgust. Governance by concensus only works in VERY small groups. Individuals or committees have to be appointed that have decision making power or we lose track of what we were about to do in the first place. I am however in favour of rather severe handling of anyone who abuses a position of trust.

Frank

Latest posts

Back