Is Artic Cat any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has the Wedging effect. Where front differentials don't always release on there own. Have to snap handle bar left/right quick to help dissengage. Also most of time to get in gear with gear shifter, you need to really force it! Really hate that. Have had in shop for both, dealer says "Nature of Beast".....I say, polaris you suck! Have still not seen any upgrades or differant repair parts!!!POS:censored:

I have a trx 350 Honda 01 and its unbelievable what this little machine can do, I once had a bet with a guy who has a Grizzly 660 to pull a square beam 10'' x 10'' x 24' and I out pulled him no problem. he said if I pulled that beam he would go and get the same bike I have but never did. As for arctic cat I wouldn't spend that kind of money on something so unreliable I know some guys with these bikes and two of the three are unhappy with them and the one guy who likes them says it looks better in the back of his truck.

I have 2 cats both TRV's (two up seating but can take second seat off and add box etc..) I love them, i have the 650 and wife's is the 400. I have had no issues w/ belt (or anything else for that matter)and have submerged both of them past the belt...if you submerge it ya have to drain it. Using low when pulling a load and in rough terrain will maximize belt life.
The one your looking at auto, or manual? Sounds like an excellent deal to me. That machine should have low if auto as well as locking differential for 4 wheel.
Kinda like husky v stihl v jred etc...everyone has their brand. Cat's won't win many races but will outwork most if taken care of.

Come to think about it there is a lever on the left side about shin hi that you pull out to engage the front end. But i dont know about locking the differential.

Only the newer ones have the front diff lock. Personally, I really like the Cats. Lots of good experience with them. I own old hondas right now, but would like to get a new cat. As far as the Rubicon, would never own one. Seen enough of their trannys go bad.

From what info I have, it looks like diff. lock was offered on the AC 500's starting in 2005.

Kevin

Well i think i've given up on the A C. I found a 2007 Kaw 750 brute force in colorado. The man is suppose to deliver it this morning. Shouldnt have to worry about power with it! It has about 290 miles on it.

Back