Is Supervent stainless insulated chimney any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvwheeler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm installing a new woodstove to save some money on propane,and I need to put in a chimney.Home Depot sells Supervent Chimney.Is it any good?The stove place wants $2500 to install the chimney alone.The stove is in the basement and will go up through one storey and out through the (4/12) pitch roof.He ballparked it at 18 feet.Has everybody had good luck with supervent?
Thanks
Steve

It's from Selkirk, who manufactures Metalbestos, Supervent just another division, more into B-vent for gas chimneys/vents. ...not bad stuff. Do you have a buddy in the HVAC biz?...may be able to get it cheeper from an HVAC distributor....remember, that stuff is pretty salty price wise.

Thanks for the reply!
I was just figuring on getting it from Home Depot here in Canada.I know its kinda pricey but i'm thinking I could do it for less than $2500.:monkey:

I put in a supervent chimney in January and it has been great. I went with 8" and had to use 4 sections @ $95 a section bought at medards and had a local contractor install it for $200 cash.

It ended up being under $800 with installation after buying the sections and the other connectors and black pipe.

I have had my pipe temp gauge to 900+ degrees and can still touch the outside of the supervent in my attic.

Thanks for the reply ZR900!
Hey is that your sled?I have an 03 and love the hell out of it...:cheers:
Arm stretching is pretty addictive...:clap:

Yep 04 ZR 900 I don't think I will ever need a bigger sled. I've had it for 5 seasons now and still smile when i pin the throttle.

Supervent

I bought the kit at Lowes as well as the double wall stainless. Its been 3 years burning 10 cords anually and not a single complaint. Great instructions come with it but do your homework. Id suggest ********** for the stove and install advice. Good luck and enjoy.

yes it is an excellent product . remember single wall black indoors ,then insulated stainless as soon as you go outside
MD

Latest posts

Back