It's all getting very silly around here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailgunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How much do you usually pay for firewood?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150305944813

It's probably no cheaper than gas, BTU for BTU.

Chainsaws, also, are very costly at the moment. Hundreds of pounds for a basket case Husqvarna or Stihl, fifty pounds for a ten year old Poulan/Mcculloch/Partner sticker special, it's daft.

I was thinking spring may be the best time of year to haggle for firewood and saws... have you noticed any seasonality to ebay prices on these fine goodies?

how much is 50 pounds in US dollars? Prices seem about the same year-round here

Ebay is just shyte

I am very wary of buying saws off Ebay, TBH there is no value there any more.
I think the best way is at markets or similar, I could have got a worn but good 254xp last week for €130.
Parts from Ebay maybe but whole saws, no thanks!

I'm in agreement, talking to professional foresters and tree surgeons, prices for a well thrashed Husky or Stihl on Ebay are about what they can buy them for new, when you factor in their discount for buying several at once.

I've had two off freecycle this year which nobody wanted. Mustn't grumble there :)

Matt - £50 is about $90 at the moment.

wood is going from about 150 a cord to 200

sad part is the last 3 times i had to buy wood to finish the winter season it has been wet:mad: :chainsaw:

probably because they too ran out and when you ordered it they went out and cut it down. happens alot here, if you want wood in the winter all your going to get is green.

Back