Japanese Maples

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avason

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys it's been a while! I bought these two maples about a month ago at a local nursery. I bought these two trees, one for $30.00 and the other for $50. The reason they were so cheap was that One of them was damaged in the trunk area. It looks as if she is healing herself really well. You can see the pics. Everything else looks real good on her including the leaves and branches. i just want to know if there is anything i can do to help her out. She is a nice looking tree that I would like to keep around a while. I read somewhere here that it is a good idea to not mulch around the trunk. I fix that. Any other help would be appreciated.thanks

mine is in full sun...clay soil.

years ago we had another one growing. at the same time we used to have our lawn done (sprayed) by one of the lawn care companies. after being sprayed one day, the tree began to get brown spots on all the leaves. i called the company and asked if their chemicals would harm the tree. naturally they said no.

the tree died and i cancelled their services.

Last edited:
Just got 2 of them in pots from my landscaper BIL...for free. Do they need full sun, what kind of soil? (mine is acidic sandstone type soil)

They can't tolerate standing water, so faster soils will be better.

Part shade is needed for most climates for these trees. They can burn in full sun.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back