jonsered 625 II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonseredman0244

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i am looking to buy a 625 II jonsered saw it has a 30 inch bar. i think its to much for the saw.. but thats me can anyone tell me if i am right.. i am 17 and in the logging business i am a limber and a topper and on the landing... they uped me up to a cutdown man :) pretty good for being 17.. anyways i need a saw that will run good for me ive been looking a stihls to much money.. then i came across this johnny used for 400 bucks affordable it has a 30 inch bar i need something with a good sized bar were in some big timber but i dont want to get it and it run like crap cuz the bars to much for the saw. the saw i got now aint big enough when i file the drags on it and top something big it just grabs and stop the chain haha.. i want something that when its sharp that its goin to do the job i like jonnys thats why i was looking at it but i dont kno if that bar is to big or not and another thing wats the horse power on that also they changed the modle of it what the new modle i heardit was the 2171 but its at like 70ccs thanks for your time

Try the chainsaw forum. But the short answer is yes you are right. The 30" bar too much for that saw. 20" is more like it.

... the saw i got now aint big enough when i file the drags on it and top something big it just grabs and stop the chain...

If you file your "drags" to short, no saw will be big enough for the chain, as it will try and grab to much wood and stop any saw in it's tracks. If you do file them way short, only solution is to grind down the tooth a bit more to match it. Waste of a chain, but better than tossing it.

ok

i take about 5 swipes on each drag with the flate file and i never do it to new chains just ones ive been fouling.. only file drags when the teeth get about halfway. ran a guys stihl did that to his drags and man did it cut he was omish he didnt know about filing drags he was impressed

Latest posts

Back