Jonsered 670 Chain brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes any cover made for the 600 series saws will fit, doesn't matter what year it was made. Now you can't take parts from the early style to fix a new style and vice versa.

Yes Bo, as PB said the old or new will fit. Also the covers and brakes from the 61,66,266,268,and 272 Huskys wiil fit too. I have a cover/brake from a late model Husky on my 630. It fit and worked fine but I modded it (cut the back off so it looked like the Jred one, husky covers are longer than Jred), painted it red and you would never know the difference. But also as PB said you can't mix the brake parts from old to new. Different braking systems but the whole thing will work on any of the above saws.

I was told that the latest 670 brake handles will eventually melt due to the way the early mufflers were configured and that it is recommended to use the late model muffler with the late model brake.

I was told that the latest 670 brake handles will eventually melt due to the way the early mufflers were configured and that it is recommended to use the late model muffler with the late model brake.

I could see where that might happen. I haven't notice any problem with the ported 630 Super II and that has the late plastic type Husky handle. My exhaust deflector has been opened and the "teeth" removed so the exhaust goes straight forward. Good thing to keep an eye on though.:cheers:

Thanks for all the good advises.
Now i wil try if i can find a cover with the new type brake, to a price that isn`t higher than the value of the saw:)
And then i`ll have to see if i nedd to do anything with the muffler.
see, we don`t have Baileysonline Etc over here, so its all original parts, except for bars and chains...
By the way, how large bar can go with the 670 in stock condition??

Now i wil try if i can find a cover with the new type brake, to a price that isn`t higher than the value of the saw:)
see, we don`t have Baileysonline Etc over here, so its all original parts, except for bars and chains...

The Acres site says 71CM (28") but I think it would be happier with a 20"-24" Max. 24" is just my opinion and what I need to cut here.

I run 24" bars on all my saws. The 670 handles it quite well.

Latest posts

Back