Jonsered 70E - Fair Price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjcocn

Tree Freak
Reaction score
What is a fair price to pay (in US funds) for a semi-running 70E in very good shape?

I have the opportunity to buy one and want to offer a price that is fair to both the seller and myself.

It shouldn't need major work (maybe go over the carb and possibly replace the crank seals), but does need a bit to get it running right.

Thanks!

Chris

$100 to $150 considering it needs some TLC. And if it needs seals, it would almost have to be purchased as a parts saw. Most parts for 70's are NLA, and I'd have to check to be sure, but I'd bet seals and gaskets are among the missing. Either way, a good top end alone has some value. Same for a healthy ignition coil.

$100 to $150 considering it needs some TLC. And if it needs seals, it would almost have to be purchased as a parts saw. Most parts for 70's are NLA, and I'd have to check to be sure, but I'd bet seals and gaskets are among the missing. Either way, a good top end alone has some value. Same for a healthy ignition coil.

Rep for the info! :cheers:

Here are some pics of the saw:

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=88910

Here is the CL ad:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/1034896485.html

I wish I knew more about the seals. Maybe I'd be better off trying to find some NOS seals and gaskets first?!?

:agree2: $250 for a non-perfect 70E is too high.

:agree2: $250 for a non-perfect 70E is too high.

Absolutely. Especially if there is a potential bottom end issue. But the bottom ends on those things were pretty stout and not usually what put them on the shelf. Sometimes a funky carb can give a false alarm about crank seals, producing the same erratic idle when turned on it's side.

I always say that any of these old Jonnys should be grabbed for parts no matter how trashed they look. There's always something that can be used. But you shouldn't pay through the nose for them either.

Latest posts

Back