Jonsered chainsaw help. 70e 621 49sp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisturbeD

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for the right tool to remove some or all of the clutches and flywheels for these saws. I currently have a 70e and 621 and 49sp and they all look to have very similar clutches and don't look to come off like I'm use to removing clutches on Husqvarna and stihl and others. Would like to buy the right tool to make dealing with these much easier. So any help would be appreciated.
The 1st picture was/is a 70e and the 2nd is I believe a 621.

Attachments

• 20221205_200250.jpg
    20221205_200250.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221205_200301.jpg
    20221205_200301.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
A word of caution when pulling flywheels especially on the 70E. Whatever bolts you thread into the three holes in the flywheels, do not thread them in deeper than the thickness of the flywheel face as the ign module or points are very close to the back (inside) of the flywheel and can be damaged by using to long bolts

A word of caution when pulling flywheels especially on the 70E. Whatever bolts you thread into the three holes in the flywheels, do not thread them in deeper than the thickness of the flywheel face as the ign module or points are very close to the back (inside) of the flywheel and can be damaged by using to long bolts
Thanks for the information.

For the clutches - was working on an older Homelite that had a similar setup. Find some steel rod that matches the diameter of the holes, cut it into lengths about 1 inch each, stuff some rope into the cylinder as a piston stop, and use a large, sturdy screwdriver as a lever on two of the pins to get it to spin. Worked like a charm.

For the clutches - was working on an older Homelite that had a similar setup. Find some steel rod that matches the diameter of the holes, cut it into lengths about 1 inch each, stuff some rope into the cylinder as a piston stop, and use a large, sturdy screwdriver as a lever on two of the pins to get it to spin. Worked like a charm.
That can work on some saws but not the ones the OP listed. These clutches are not threaded to the crankshaft but have a taper and keyway held on buy a left hand tread nut......they need to be pulled straight off.....

Latest posts

Back