Jonsered question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tritondog

Reaction score
I just bought a secondhand Jonsered 670 Champ. I was wondering if there is a way to know what year it is? It runs great, but looks ancient. Just curious...

I will look at mine tonight and see for sure, That number dose not look right at all. Is it possible that 2 at the end is a 9 or could you be missing the first number which may be a 9. In either case that could make it a 94. I think if it is real old the year may not be in the serial number but I am not sure. One more thing, You can not tell the age of the saw on appearance. I have seen 20 year old saws look new and 1 year old saws look like a old piece of junk.

If your saw is really a 670 Champ and not just a 670 with a "Champ" recoil sticker than it is one of the last 670's made. The Champ came out after the Super and West Coast models. As Troll suggested, most likely a late 80's or early 90's saw.

I dont think these saws look ancient at all, they are a design from the 80's, which was one of the best periods of saw design

If your saw is really a 670 Champ and not just a 670 with a "Champ" recoil sticker than it is one of the last 670's made. The Champ came out after the Super and West Coast models. As Troll suggested, most likely a late 80's or early 90's saw.

I dont think these saws look ancient at all, they are a design from the 80's, which was one of the best periods of saw design

HEHE - the original design is from 1976 - Husky 162SE, but I agree! :D

The 670 S/C won the Would cup in 1987, 89 and 91, and the new "champ" is the 372xp........

Last edited:
I just bought a secondhand Jonsered 670 Champ. I was wondering if there is a way to know what year it is? It runs great, but looks ancient. Just curious...[I can't read one of the #'s, it is scratched, but this is what I can read...4170'?'24]

That "4" in front says it's a 1994. I think the Champs started in about '92 or so and went through at least '98.

Back