Katrina Sawing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fencerowphil

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been considering talking my mill for a cutting
trip to the hurricane-affected area - a mix
of paid cutting, share cutting, and charity cutting.

Also want to link up with a church or two to help provide
salvaged lumber for people in real need.

Phil Lavender Home 478) 272-1108
1605 Springdale Rd. Cell 478) 984 - 6254
Dublin, Ga. 31021 E-mail [email protected]

that sounds like a really good idea bro. I would just stay out of florida, not enough material, and 99.9% is palm... not good for much. I bet Mississippi and Louisiana might have some good wood that you might be able to get you hands on. The only thing I would be careful about would be stepping on the debris guys' toes, they get paid to haul alot of that stuff away.

I may be going back there (mississippi) in the next few days on a debris removal contract (waiting for bid acceptance) , If you wanna link up when I get down there, hit me off with an email: [email protected]

You have a great idea, and I think helping out the churches and the communities is a great way to reach out to the people down there. Thumbs up bro.

I just returned from a trip to Bush La. I took a Lucas mill to try out on some Pine. I have the phone numbers of two men with a lot of logs. People down there are dumping the logs in creeks and ponds to preserve them. There's still a lot of free logs for the taking. I got home sick and left. If want the info let me know.

There's a fellow down there who sells sinker heart pine and bald cypress logs that have been submerged for 100-200 years. The pine logs I milled were beginning to get the blue fungus about a quarter through the logs. Some wee in excellent condition. Fuel prices are too high for me to make a decent profit.

Yeah, when I was in Louisiana there was a lot of good wood around. Sounds like a good idea. Good luck with it.

BTW, how's that 066 working for you, BlackendTimber?

Back