kill a watt question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiting-5

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
you guys that run these what type works best on ebay there are different types from single plug in units to the ones that clamp around the meter with wireless controls just want a little help on chosing.

uh oooo... the grammar police comes out... now did I spell that correct before the spelling police arrives too....:deadhorse:

now back on OT... I'd like to know too... but the first question is... do you have every bulb in your house that can be fitted with compact florescence lamps changed?

I think that before you buy a meter you should invest in a few periods.:dizzy:

Last edited:
I have one of the little plug in and plug in types and it handy for checking various loads but the clamp is a lot better for checking hard wired circuits. I will use it for setting frequency of standby generator. For twenty bucks it does the job I want.

You can buy the kill a watt at harbor freight. I bought mine locally there. No deal though. $29 I think is what I paid.

The one I have loses its info when you unplug it so be sure to get the info before you pull it out of the socket.

You can make your own from an old meter as well. I have one my grandpa made. He mounted it in a wood box and put a 110 plug in and a 110 male corded plug. A little cumbersome but was dead on with my kill a watt meter.

uh oooo... the grammar police comes out... now did I spell that correct before the spelling police arrives too....:deadhorse:

now back on OT... I'd like to know too... but the first question is... do you have every bulb in your house that can be fitted with compact florescence lamps changed?

I think what you meant to say is UT OH!! Don't forget to cross your I's and dot your T's. :hmm3grin2orange:

uh oooo... the grammar police comes out... now did I spell that correct before the spelling police arrives too....

Should be "come" out. You have the singular form in there.. If it were one policeman, then he comes out, but as you have it, "the grammar police" signifies a reference to the whole force and they just "come".

I think I have a run-on sentence there... LOL

;)
Ian

Last edited:
Clamp on type would be good for monitoring the entire panel/subpanel...just be SAFE doing the install!
:jester: :popcorn:

thanks guys for the info. although i do feel like im in my 8th grade mrs. harrisons english class:) maybe i should have paid more attention to here instead of the little hottie two seats up!!! aah whom i kiddin

If you are you trying to lower your electric bill one way is to watch your elec. meter if you time the disk revaluation and start shuting things off until you get if to stop. Just a thought. Cheaper than buying a killawatt.

Let's hope my grammer is correct:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back