Land Rover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeanBrown3D

DeanBrown3D

ArboristSite Operative
This is my trailer truck setup, for rough terrain. I pull around 3-4 tons of wood with that thing. Good for wheelin' too:)

attachment.php

Dean

CaseyForrest

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
. AS Supporting Member.
Its not saying much when youve got your winch cable pulled out on solid ground with half a load on the trailer!!!! LOL...just teasing ya

Its nice to see someone using a Rover for what its intended purpose is. Not just a pavement pounder.

Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice to see someone using a 4x4 for its intended purpose, going offroad and pullin stuff. it seems to be missin a bit of mud though, fix that. :)

stumpy66

stumpy66

ArboristSite Operative
Land rovers are good things, i run a 300tdi defender 110, it has had a hard life before i got it but its cheap to put right.....pulls well, also has proper hi and low range.....i know of jap 4x4's that the clutches go because they are not geared right for towing...land rover have it sussed.
My mate runs car transporters, one of his drivers ran out of desiel then flatten the battery..we got there filled the tank....pumped some fuel through and then pulled the transporter off the verge and bumped started it....i don't know how much a 10 car transporter weighs but i was impressed. that was a td5 defender....just pulled it till it started....heres a pic of my 110 station wagon defender..if you folk want some imported i know a man who can do it...

DeanBrown3D

DeanBrown3D

ArboristSite Operative
I can pull that trailer completely stacked full of oak along a highway or country road. I drop it into low ratio as I approach the hill on which my house sits. Its a bit sluggish, but ok. Need power breaks on the trailer!

Dean

ok btw mud:

attachment.php

DeanBrown3D

DeanBrown3D

ArboristSite Operative
No, stock engine. But its got a roof rack and all kinds of body protection (sliders, skid plate, diff guards, HD bumper, winch, big MTs, etc. All takes its toll on mpg. Wish I could get a TDi over here!

Adkpk

Adkpk

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ya, at 12mpg I stopped looking. But 20 that's better. I get 18 on ,my 4 runner but that's a 6 cyl. BTW turns out my car is fine. Decided to have it towed 40 miles to the dealer who has always done the work on my car. Low and behold. It was engine oil that leaked out of the valve cover, not trani fluid. Not a thing wrong with it. Found out friday evening so I haven't had the chance to give the other mechanic an earfull. But if he dosn't eat the tow my brother is going to drop his busineses account with them. (I am sure they'll drop them anyway in time)

Latest posts