Lets hear it from the Pros

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccrider2240

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
done my fair share of research,, Along with tree outfit,,, i need a mill,,, Pecan, Oak, Ash, Mesquite. 30 inch max, Also i want to start ripping telephone poles, I need a write off and something to help build me a house in this mesquite field,,, Countless hours have all these mills looking the same
Any help would be appreciated, checkd out, Norwood,Lucas, Wood chuck.
ive got 5,000 to 9,000 to spend on this project, that may be a money maker, hell who ever knows

No one has ever had anything bad to say about the Norwoods seem like for the money they are the way to go but i'm no expert just going off comments here woodmizer is also mentioned alot. do a search on the milling forum and put in "norwood" or "woodmizer" and you'll likely get pics of what people have done with them in the past sawyerrob has a norwood and has taken some good pics in the past. hope it helps or at least keeps you busy til someone with some more expirence comes along!! Happy New Year irishcountry

You got most advise on your first post. Don't fall into the race - how long did it take you to put it to together and don't forget to lower your log stops. I feel Norwood blades are very over priced and have had good luck with Lenox woodmaster blades. Do a search on metal detectors, they are just as important as the mill. Good luck and have fun.

No one has ever had anything bad to say about the Norwoods seem like for the money they are the way to go but i'm no expert just going off comments here woodmizer is also mentioned alot. do a search on the milling forum and put in "norwood" or "woodmizer" and you'll likely get pics of what people have done with them in the past sawyerrob has a norwood and has taken some good pics in the past. hope it helps or at least keeps you busy til someone with some more expirence comes along!! Happy New Year irishcountry

Who is sawyerrob?????? Just kidding.

I would not hesitate to buy another Norwood.

Kevin

You got most advise on your first post. Don't fall into the race - how long did it take you to put it to together and don't forget to lower your log stops. I feel Norwood blades are very over priced and have had good luck with Lenox woodmaster blades. Do a search on metal detectors, they are just as important as the mill. Good luck and have fun.

My preference on blades is Cooks super sharps. Impressed with their service and the quality of thier blades.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back