Little family's growing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought a saw from Woodyman and it arrived yesterday. It's a MS310 with Muffler Mod. Between that and my MS180 I think I have a goodl little firewood combo. I played with the 310 last night and it's quite the step up from my 180 also alot heavier and alot LOUDER!!
Going to have to get some ear protection I think. Can't wait to try it out on some real wood!!!

sawbm3.jpg

saw2cf1.jpg

Enjoy the new saw! Nicely stacked wood you got there.

Kevin

Hey TJ

I don't know how much you cut or how long you use your saws but the dealer that I am very much acquainted with told me that if the handle and the trigger are rigid then they are more for homeowner light duty. no antivibration stuff. I went from a 310 to a 360. I have a 20" bar on it now and it is a brute. I have a 460 for the 25" and 32" bars now but depends on what you need. I would like to dump my 460 and get a 660 but funds and needs really don't justify. I have used my 32" bar on 3 jobs. I cut for myself and like the tools I need to do the job right. Probably could do it all with a husqvarna but I like the best. Anything Stihl is great. I have rebuilt 4 saws that looks like they were left in the woods including one older than me. Made money on all of them.. morale of the story..You can't go wrong with Stihl. 310...run it side by side with a 360 or the new version 361 and you will see a ton of difference

Charlie, there you go again. You're inviting him into the parlor. Dang! This is so contagious that I have no choice but to look for a new MS 260. My 361 is in desperate need of a little brother to help back him up. :cheers:

WoodDoc, have you checked out the Dolmar 420? On paper looks to be as good as the 260, with newer technology and a couple hundred cheaper. I have not seen it in person, but it is awful tempting at the price. I also was considering the MS260 pro until I researched the 420.

I think AS member 166 had alot of 420 pics, or at least a smaller Dolmar posted somewhere. Big ones too. Check them out:clap: .

I think AS member 166 had alot of 420 pics, or at least a smaller Dolmar posted somewhere. Big ones too. Check them out:clap: .

Yeah, he did, I saw them. Looks nice. I just wonder how a 300 dollar dolmar 420 compares to a 500 dollar stihl ms260. Never used or even seen a dolmar in person.

Latest posts

Back