Little manual splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LANNY

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
manual splitter

I split all my wood by hand, with a Fiskars, or a maul and wedge. It gets rough sometimes, but the budget won't allow a splitter yet. Stopped at a pawn shop (den of theives) and bought a 10 ton manual spliiter for 40.00. Tried it today on a couple of big pecan rounds that I have whacked 100 times and still not split. It is slow, but faster than multiple whacks and split the rounds with very little effort. Plus, it appears to have a big enough beam for conversion to an engine driven splitter...anybody else used one, or thoughts on a conversion?...thanks, Lanny

Last edited:
Sorry to be so late replying, I had given up on this thread. Thanks for the reply. It's already gone, as a guy at work just had to have it! Made 100.00 on it so I bit the bullet and bought a real splitter. But if you want to see one sears has them, just search manual splitter on sears site. ..Lanny

i've seen many of them advertised, but never knew how good they worked.

is that the one with the two handles?

Yep , it worked well, but the next day I found a splitter at home depot half off . They said it didn't work. Kinked suction line, had it fixed in five minutes. Feel kinda bad gettin rid of the manual though. I normally don't sell tools, but my buddy went ape over it. I even brought some rounds to work and we all played with the thing, impressive and cheap....Lanny

Back