load of wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbowling

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
went out and loaded my trailer this morning before the ground thawed, 90 percent shagbark hickory and some ash/beech...dont know exactly how much weight there was but it was heavy. also pic of part of my split woodpile..

Last edited:
That's a good looking load on your trailer. Seems to be just about the right weight in that the tires are just beginning to notice it.

Are those cut to 24"? For an OWB?

Your wood pile looks good. Is your truck really orange?

:cheers:

Good on ya!

I'm just curious what you burn your wood in as it looks like it will take a pretty lengthy piece. Looks like you've been workin' on that wood pile for awhile.

wood

That's a good looking load on your trailer. Seems to be just about the right weight in that the tires are just beginning to notice it.

Are those cut to 24"? For an OWB?

Your wood pile looks good. Is your truck really orange?

CJ, The wood is 24 in. and its being burnt in a Woodmaster 4400, it will take wood up to I think 43 or 45 in., but wouldnt want to try to stick a 43 in pc. of hickory in it end up with a hernia.. As far as the truck its actually bright red, must be from the sun.

woodpile

I'm just curious what you burn your wood in as it looks like it will take a pretty lengthy piece. Looks like you've been workin' on that wood pile for awhile.
Alderman, that pile should be about 3 times that size but Ive been giving a older gentleman (74 yrs.) down the road from me wood all winter as he cant cut much anymore...Ive taken him 14 trailer loads plus 4 full pickup loads this winter and hes burnt it all in a homemade woodstove in a house with zero insulation, hes used about 1.5-2 times as much as I have this year.

I figured it might be showing an off color.

Alderman, that pile should be about 3 times that size but Ive been giving a older gentleman (74 yrs.) down the road from me wood all winter as he cant cut much anymore...Ive taken him 14 trailer loads plus 4 full pickup loads this winter and hes burnt it all in a homemade woodstove in a house with zero insulation, hes used about 1.5-2 times as much as I have this year.

That's very good of you. I gotta rep you for that one!

You drive through Rockville with that load? I saw a load I admired come through on Monday. I was looking at the load of wood and couldn't tell you what was pulling it!

Good karma heading your way for helping out an elderly neighbor, and some rep while I was at it!

went out and loaded my trailer this morning before the ground thawed, 90 percent shagbark hickory and some ash/beech...dont know exactly how much weight there was but it was heavy. also pic of part of my split woodpile..

nice pile what do u use to split?:chainsaw:

splitting

nice pile what do u use to split?:chainsaw:
Splittingkid, I split 2/3 of it with a Swisher 25 ton splitter and the last 4-5 ricks with the Fiskars Super splitter.. my ricks are stacked 8ft.x5ftx24 in., I stack them higher then normal since Im not selling it. I also have a pile of small stuff (unsplit)thats 25- 30 ft. long and about 4.5 ft. high and 12 ft. wide under a tarp, it was about 40 ft. long but I started burning it about December.

Your one heck of a good neighbor dbowling. God Bless ya for helping out that old gentleman like that. Kudos on bieng one of the good guys.

Latest posts

Back