Log Cabin?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CT, i built one in the early 80's in East TX out of SLP. The logs were from a local guy that had built his own circle mill from scratch. I am currently cutting/milling ERC from my own land in TN to build a retirement home. It's in stage one of a 2-3 year project. I can't steer you to any websites because i am designing the house myself & doing all the work myself. I can say this: Termites can be a problem in pine, that is why i chose cedar. The guy that bought my house in TX failed to heed my warnings on termite treatment and got an infestation. They actually built a mud tunnel up 4.5' of cresote pole to get into the log(s)......rather determined little buggars.
Living in Dandridge you have access to alot of local lumber. Scout around for some Band mill guys & go talk to them. It will be a way cheaper rout than to buy from one of those log home mfgs.
RD

**Whoops, didn't see the DBL post below, maybe a moderator will combine the 2 threads**

Last edited:
Back