Looking for furnace reviews

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmwe29

Reaction score
Hi, I found your forum looking for outside wood furnace reviews. We live in Mid MO, and our winters aren't all that extreme. We want the wood mess and smoke outside this winter instead of in the basement and have started looking around. I found an older thread via Google search on opinions on various brands, most of which seem to be stainless steel stoves- Hardy, Heatmor, not sure about Woodmaster. All these are considerably more expensive than we can do right now, if bought new. I had initially looked at one that doesn't have the water system, just heat from the wood that is blown into the house, a Lil House furnace. Anyone had any experience with this one? Without the water pipes and all that, the price is considerably less, but we don't want to be throwing our money away. Another plus for this one is a local dealer. Barring that one, we'd need to buy used, and are looking at some local want ads. Finding dealers out here is a bit of a trick, though, for these with water.

Thanks for the link

Beerman6- thanks for the link; great info there. I had looked for a "search this forum" but didn't see one right off.

Back