looking for work experience in Canada or Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan12321

Reaction score
22 Year old self employed UK tree surgeon ( fully qualified) looking for three to six months of climbing work in Canada or Australia. My main aim is to get experience of BIG trees as they are non existent in the UK. Im extremelly hard working, reliable and i enjoy working within a group. Will accept very small wage to get in with the right crew and learn. Dont mind being a chipper monkey as long as i get some good climbing experience. I hold all valid UK chainsaw/ climbing and section felling certificates and a full European driving liscence.

Ready for departure end of october

Nathan Smith.
[email protected]
00(+44) 7922063781

Nathan, can't speak for the USA but have you got the necessary work visas for Canada? I know for a fact it is relatively easy to get a Brit permission to work as a climber here, but govt bureaucracy being what it is......I would hate for you to get here, and then be unhireable, legally at least. Being a illlegal worker creates another whole kettle of potential probs-who pays your medical bills while you are here, and what about comp in the event that you get seriously injured on the job. Dont mean to dampen your enthusiasm, and I know that getting the visas is possible (a former boss tried to get a Brit over here because we are so short climbers). And the nursury industry and apple fields east of here are filled with legal Mexicans and Jamaicans.

More info about the foreign worker program. Good luck!

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/gateways/nav/top_nav/program/fw.shtml

and try the following sites for employment using "tree" as a keyword

www.jobbank.gc.ca
www.working.com
www.monster.ca
www.workopolis.com

I founf this on working.com for eg

http://img.travidia.com/imagehandler/rop-ad/3400110

Last edited:
nathan12321 said:
22 Year old self employed UK tree surgeon ( fully qualified) looking for three to six months of climbing work in Canada or Australia. My main aim is to get experience of BIG trees as they are non existent in the UK. Im extremelly hard working, reliable and i enjoy working within a group. Will accept very small wage to get in with the right crew and learn. Dont mind being a chipper monkey as long as i get some good climbing experience. I hold all valid UK chainsaw/ climbing and section felling certificates and a full European driving liscence.

Ready for departure end of october

Nathan Smith.
[email protected]
00(+44) 7922063781

Hi Nathan, Keep in touch with me as your departure date gets closer. I may, but at the moment cant guarantee a position for you here in South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria in Australia. I given a couple of UK guys a run before and its usually a good experience for the both of us. We are a reputable, well established company doing quality tree work with a mixture of small to large pruning work and removals. Shoot me some further info on email if you like.

Trevor Douglas.
[email protected]

Back