Looking for Work in Northern Rhode Island

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RITeen

Reaction score
I am a 17 year old male from (well currently, not by birth... thank gawd.. lol) North-Western RI. I am currently looking for a job, particularly for the spring/summer. Unfortunately I don't have my drivers license yet...(long story!) Thus I am rather limited. That is not to say I can't get a ride when necessary, however I just can't expect a ride to Newport every day! This would have to be part-time until June, however from June Until August, I would have no issues with 40hr work weeks...

I realise that Child Labour Laws prevent me from doing quite a bit. However I was hoping to find a job in Landscaping or to whatever extent I can, arbourist work. I figured the two run rather closely together, so perhaps this might be the place to ask!

I previously held a job at a local beach stand for almost 4 years. I left when it unfortunately became untenable, due to the fact that I was being asked to work for a mere $5.50 an hour, under the table, so I couldn't claim taxes either, and others refusing to "tow the line." I realise food and grass are far apart, however I imagine that the fact I worked from age 12.5 to 16.5 during the summers, often 7 days a week, must go to my work ethic!

I am OSHA 10 Certified, with experience running various tools (again, child labour laws might shut me down here..,) 150% drug and alcohol free and I am a quick, safe, learner, as well as an obedient worker. I cannot stress enough I am safety oriented! As perplexing as this may be for somebody looking for a job: I have no problems with (respectfully) refusing a task which will endanger myself or others. I am not somebody looking for $20hr (at my last job I worked sub-minimum wage..) I have no problem with any particular type of task, so long as its not spit shinning somebody's septic tank, or illegal. If hired I have no problem buying my own PPE where necessary.

If anybody has any openings, or knows anyone who does, please drop me a line, either via email or PM.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back