Lopi 520/96

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C.

Reaction score
Hello out there. I'm a newby to this forum, but need some of the good members advice. I recently purchased a Lopi 520/96 stove and hopefully some of you will be familiar with this model. From what I can gather on the web, it is essentally the same as the newer Liberty model with some differences. It only has 2 air tubes and the Liberty has 3, it does not have a damper at the top and the Liberty does. Having read here where a few of you have redone some models of Lopi's, I figured this was the place.
So here goes. My stove has no baffle, or firebrick in the top of the stove or any way to support them. I believe it needs some baffle supports or firebrick supports, which will form the baffle. The air tubes are there and I believe they will be fine, they are not burnt out, one is a little bent, but very little and they are solid.
The stove is in excellent shape, cosmetically and physically except for the ceiling of the stove having no firebrick. It only has a few cracked firebrick on the side. I want to bring it up to as close to new shape as possible. Would greatly appreciate any help or insight anyone might have as to what I need to do to accomplish this. I don't know what it is suppossed to look like on the inside at the top. I do know it needs the firebrick baffle, but don't know how to go about putting it up in shape.
I will try to get some pictures posted as soon as I can.

Back