Lumber cut off grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpyoung33

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Lumber cut off chipper

Can somebody point me in the right direction for a lumber cut off chipper? I'm looking for a chipper that can handle kiln dried pine 2x material as small as 2x3x1" up to 2x12x18". It must be able to handle 40 cu yds per week and must have enough power to blow into the front of a 48' trailer. I was thinking about looking into a small tub grinder but figured the cut offs would be so small that they would blow out of the tub. I was also thinking about a portable drum chipper but I couldn't find one that had hopper to handle a 3 cu yd tipper dumpster full of cut offs at one time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
If you're only doing 40 cubic yards a week, then the 3 cubic yard hopper capacity probably isn't all that important. Any small brush chipper will do. Something like a bandit 250XP can knock out those 40 cubic yards in an hour or two, but you're going to need a couple guys to load it by hand. Disk chippers throw chip a bit further, but 48' is a bit of an ask. What's your budget, and what are your output requirements (chip size and consistency)?

Your volume doesnt suggest that you can justify a $$$$$$$$ machine.

Shaun

Back