mac 10-10 used value ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted-I

jus given'er
Reaction score
hi y'all,
true blue ted-i is back in the game.
been a real crazy holiday season for me so all my new projects have been on hold.
busy as i am i keep finding time to look at chainsaws for sale, i know, you all think i've succumbed to this addiction.
don't worry i've got it under control, it's just a new hobby, i'm not hurting anyone......
anyway an opportunity has come my way and i'm hoping for some help about a purchase.
question about the mac 10-10 used value?
someone is offering not 1 but 2 mac 10-10's for 150 CAN , both in running order.
what say youz?

Sold a nice running one last summer for $50 so that price doesn't seem too bad. $150 Canadian pesos is what, $7.12 in Amercian? (Haha)

They're not worth much. There is no market for them, at least where I am. $40, tops, and then only if you can find a buyer. I had a few a while back, ended up selling them for 2/$20.

The honest truth is that the technology has come a long way over the years and for not a lot more money you can get a modern saw with AV, parts availability from a non-internet source, and a more pleasant user experience.

ok thanks very much for the input , don't think it's worth my while after shipping on those saws.....
thanks muchly
ted-i

I had a couple that ran but ended up parting them out as they were worth more in parts than selling complete
running

Hard to get anything out of almost any of the older American iron. I've been trying but nothing much is moving. When they're selling new saws for a little over a hundred with a guarantee it's kinda hard to ask much out of a 40 year old saw. I think I may have to use some of mine to reinforce concrete...

I've seen runners around here go for 75-125 around here if they have decent paint. But if you are buying just to collect I'd look for a better deal as saws already seem to need something immediately after you buy.

Latest posts

Back