Mac-110 Oiler Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberinspector

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got this saw to work on from Girlfriends dad as you may have read.

He said the oiler wont work. It has the manual oiler.

Now excuse me for the lack of proper terminology but I'll try to explain myself the best I can...

What is the little screw on the front of the saw?

It appears to me this is where the oiler connects to.

The lever isn't sticking and the black shaft moves up and down freely.

I didn't see any oiler hole on the bar mount.

The lever on the other Mac 110 he gave me sticks but if you loosen the bolt towards the front of the saw it will work fine. It is pretty rusty so would some WD-40 help?

Also what is the proper way to clean the air filter...blow it off with air or can you wash it in something?

Thanks

Last edited:
If the top lever is rusty, go ahead and clean it up and it should be fine. If it has an adjustment screw on the front, then it likely has an automatic oiler as well. Take the front tank cover off and then you'll see the oiler assembly. Many times, aftyer sitting a while, the gunk will gel in the oiler body and freeze up the oiler piston. Just pop the wire retainer loose and remove assembly for cleaning. After that it should work just fine.

I ended up getting it going last weekend. Pulled everything off and cleaned it up with some brake clean.

Pulled oiler body off of the other 110 and everything works just fine. I think the original oiler may be junk, it just didn't seem to have the same feel to it as the other when you pushed in on the top.

Thanks OnlyHomelites.

Mac 110

I ended up getting it going last weekend. Pulled everything off and cleaned it up with some brake clean.

Pulled oiler body off of the other 110 and everything works just fine. I think the original oiler may be junk, it just didn't seem to have the same feel to it as the other when you pushed in on the top.

Thanks OnlyHomelites.

Hi lumberinspector,

I promised myself many years ago that I would forget everything I knew about any saw that was small and yellow. It seems I may be succeeding because all I could remember was how aggravating it was to reassemble and then re-reassemble when I made a mistake. Ha! Ha!

echoman

Kudos to you for taking on one of the harder saws to repair.

Last edited:
I think the hardest part for me was getting the piece that holds the oil pump on,off and than back on.

I got my :buttkick: a few times!

Along the lines of Macs...

What is the seceret to getting the ignition wires to clear the flywheel on a 610?

Have two of them...Guy gave them to me..One is a parts saw and the other one didn't have spark so I swapped ignitions but now I can't get the dang ol' wires to clear...Again...:buttkick:

:givebeer:

I think the hardest part for me was getting the piece that holds the oil pump on,off and than back on.

I got my :buttkick: a few times!

Along the lines of Macs...

What is the secret to getting the ignition wires to clear the flywheel on a 610?

Have two of them...Guy gave them to me..One is a parts saw and the other one didn't have spark so I swapped ignitions but now I can't get the dang ol' wires to clear...Again...:buttkick:

:give beer:
Did you happen to tuck the wires underneath the ignition itself? if not, tuck them behind it. The wires should pass through a slot that is underneath the Ignition, and then they should clear. Bruce.

Latest posts

Back