Mac 15

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac made 'em for 26 years... beginning in 1962 and ending in 1988. There are four variations of the Mac 15... See 'em all at:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...356a6a91a8238c0d88256b6100154283?OpenDocument
I see them quite often on fleabay. Shouldn't be too hard to find and buy a good one for quite a bit less than one hundred simoleons... Be careful about sellers who think they have something rare and unusual... or something really antiquey... they're not. They just look that way. There are about two dozen McCulloch models which are older and antiqueyer...
Good luck with your search... they're noisey, but fun to fire up and cut a few licks with... and a fine accessory for your weekend camping trips with your local Ford Model A club... :cheers:

Last edited:
Yup, love to run mine, passed on to me by my uncle ED. brings back a lot of memories working with him in the woods, also have his model 250. The Mac 15 as you know was McCULLOCH`s venture into consumer saws so they were made more cheaply but as a testament to their long lasting qualities there is a lot of them still running and many more out there that could still be running.

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

Pioneerguy600

Did Mac actually make the model 15 through 1988?--or is that a mistake on Acres website? I thought they were discontinued sometime in the late 60's?

Mac's first "consumer saw".........

Casey

Mac made 'em for 26 years... beginning in 1962 and ending in 1988. There are four variations of the Mac 15... See 'em all at:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...356a6a91a8238c0d88256b6100154283?OpenDocument
I see them quite often on fleabay. Shouldn't be too hard to find and buy a good one for quite a bit less than one hundred simoleons... Be careful about sellers who think they have something rare and unusual... or something really antiquey... they're not. They just look that way. There are about two dozen McCulloch models which are older and antiqueyer...
Good luck with your search... they're noisey, but fun to fire up and cut a few licks with... and a fine accessory for your weekend camping trips with your local Ford Model A club... :cheers:

this one is the manual oiler it was my grandpa's saw i would like one i have the original owners manual

All the Mac 15`s that I have seen have manual oilers. Its nice to have the manuals and I have the original manuals that came with the saws. I will include a pict of the model 250 made around the same time, they are totally different as they were the pro. models of that time.

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

Latest posts

Back