Magnolia take down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr_Brushcutter

Mr_Brushcutter

ArboristSite Operative
vharrison2 said:
Looks like it was close to a house or some structure...did you have help? Nice safety equipment and you seem to be paying attention.

Its right up agaist the wall of a house. Its root structure is acutally pulling a porch away from the house. I had my brother and dad at hand who would grab the saw if i needed it out of the way and help move out some of the sections of the trunk out of the way lower down the trunk.

Safty gear wise Class 1 chainsaw trousers (chaps) and class 2 chainsaw boots. The lid with ear defenders and visor of course.

The other pic should give a better idea of how close it was to the house and the size of it. Around 15' high and probaly around 100 years old

Last edited:
Trignog

Trignog

ArboristSite Operative
Chainsaw lisence? Climbing lisence? Man England is wacky. Guess thats why my ansestors beat feat and sailed their buts here 400 years ago. Sorry, no insult intended.

I like the safety gear. I hope you wear climbing gear now when your climbing, I didn't seem to see any. Have fun. Stay safe.

Mr_Brushcutter

Mr_Brushcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Trignog said:
Chainsaw lisence? Climbing lisence? Man England is wacky. Guess thats why my ansestors beat feat and sailed their buts here 400 years ago. Sorry, no insult intended.

I like the safety gear. I hope you wear climbing gear now when your climbing, I didn't seem to see any. Have fun. Stay safe.

Over in merry England before you can use a chainsaw you need a certificate of compentence to do so. Same with climbing its all to do with insurance. Still need to get climbing gear only got the licence yesterday. I didn't use any ropes or anything on that job because a lanyard would have just got in the way of my movement.

alanarbor

alanarbor

ArboristSite Guru
Excellent PPE! Just one piece of advice...... Ponytail! If you're a longhair, you don't want your flowing locks getting hung up in any of your gear.

Mr_Brushcutter

Mr_Brushcutter

ArboristSite Operative
alanarbor said:
Excellent PPE! Just one piece of advice...... Ponytail! If you're a longhair, you don't want your flowing locks getting hung up in any of your gear.

It was tied back at the start of the day. up it all out the back of a Bandana shortly after that pick was taken. I'm so use to working with my hair down when using a chainsaw or climbing its become just something i do. Its not really long enough to get in the way too much.