Magnolia Watering

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter123

Reaction score
We are planting about 30 Magnolias on the curbside here in Los Angeles, California, spaced appropriately, over several blocks, planted professionally, with mulch.

How much water will 15 gal trees require in the 1st two years?

Assume no rainfall. It will rain, of course, but I'm trying to get an idea how much water to give these rascals and how often. I assume a couple gals per week, per tree, depending on soil dampness, and not to over water.

Thanks for all who will respond.

Regards,

Scooter

I will not know what the nursery will do--probably whatever is appropriate. These are curb side, so there will be about than 30 inches from sidewalk to gutter. So I would not assume a whole heck of a lot.

Thanks for the reply. We, as a block club, are trying to forecast financial resources for watering these rascals for 24 months, both in frequency of watering and quantity of water.

I will not know what the nursery will do--probably whatever is appropriate...We, as a block club, are trying to forecast financial resources for watering
So the block club is ass-uming that the contractor will prepare the site adequately and install properly?

You haven't been doing this long, have you??

You might want to examine the contract and examine www.treesaregood.com to see that they indeed do what is appropriate, or your group may be stuck with a lot of failed effort on problem trees.

These guys are nursery types been in business here in LA for for 50 years, very good. We've worked with them before.

My question is how much water will a Magnolia need per week, if you know, given no more than about a foot on either side of the root ball. Thanks if you know that answer.

Latest posts

Back