Makita / Dolmar 6100 Parts availability?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beardy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just curious... As a follow-on to previous "I'd like a bigger bar capability but want to minimise the weight" question. What is the parts availability like for the 6100 saw? I would guess that as its relatively new and unique compared to the 6400/7300/7900 series that have been around for a while, parts might be much less available in the future. Any thoughts on this?
Many thanks to all for the wisdom and insights offered.
Beardy

A bit off topic, but are Dolmar saws widely used and available anywhere in the USA? I have owned a couple’s 421s and even the dealer didn’t carry parts. If I were to do it over I’d go with what your favorite mechanic carries, here in southwest Wisconsin, Stihl.

This topic has been discussed multiple times. Likely why you are not getting much in the way of responces. One of the best answers was to look at earlier Dolmar products and how long they were supported. I have not really needed any parts for my 6100. I tried to buy a purge bulb locally and ended up waiting like 10 minutes while the guy did computer and trip to the back room and came back to tell me they did not have it in stock, the price was like $15. I looked it up myself and yes that is the price while the one for the 351/421 is three dollars and change. I was sort of expecting him to just give/sell me a generic one. I had roughed it up and ended up essentially gluing it back. I probably should get the metal piece that goes against the saw body and bar, as it has been damaged by thrown chains. It might be hard to damage the engine, I ran my high speed adjustment in just about all positions from one turn to four turns out and did not seize it. If you like the idea of a reed valve, the inboard clutch, the small spline drive with the small Husky mount it is about the only choice I am aware of. Small spline means 7 and 8 tooth .325 rims are available.

Unfortunately I have searched extensively and missed these conversations. I am not concerned about the generic stuff, but for what about the piston/cylinder? Are these commonly available?
To be specific, I like the cc/weight/AV, generally build quality and the price. I have no issue with the inboard clutch/drive or small Husky mount bar,

Find a full line Makita dealer, they can order parts for you. There’s a Manor hardware store local to me that I get parts from. Also sawagain.com is a good source. They ship fast and are great to deal with.

Back