Mcculloch 200, 250, 1-52, 1-53 crankshaft seal part numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyShepherd2016

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone could share some knowledge on what the part numbers are for crankshaft seals/oil seals for the mcculloch 200, 250, 1-51 and 1-52 type chainsaws.

Where can I find them, and if there might be others that use compatible seals.

I’m wanting to swap an engine from my
1-53 and put it into my 250, and would like to know if new crank and pto seals are out of the question nowadays.

Thanks!

These should be the SKF CR numbers for both those seals.

View attachment 1155940
That’s great! Do you know if those are possibly being used on any other small engine applications these days? Or are they pretty much obsoleted on anything else? Sometimes the use of bearings and seals for things will continue in use for other things but sometimes they don’t.

Those are SKF part numbers, any competent bearing supply place will have them or can order them. Chances are you can find them via Google search as well from one of the many vendors across the country or from eBay sellers. They are standard sizes and there will be other manufacturers (TCM, National, etc.) that will have equivalent sizes.

Same for the bearings, 6203 C3 used for both the flywheel and PTO side.

Mark

Those are SKF part numbers, any competent bearing supply place will have them or can order them. Chances are you can find them via Google search as well from one of the many vendors across the country or from eBay sellers. They are standard sizes and there will be other manufacturers (TCM, National, etc.) that will have equivalent sizes.

Mark

Mark
Thanks. I’m gonna write those down. Are the ones you showed me available for purchase by chance?

This might sound like an extremely immature question but it’s mainly just out of curiosity and no any intentions behind it.

But could the series of chainsaws benefit by being ported and modded like many others do? Or are they built in a way that it won’t help enough to be much of a benefit in the long haul? Or, would it indeed hurt it if a porting was done?

I know the middle bridge in the exhaust for a Mcculloch 200 can be opened up and wake it up a bit, but that’s all I’ve really heard would help one of these big blocks besides putting a better exhaust on it.

Investigate some of the vintage kart forums. You will find all kinds of information on modifying the older McCulloch engines for performance gains. Some of the parts are no longer available or at least at a reasonable cost, but many of the tips & tricks can still be applied today.

Mark
I will look into that part of the forum. But that was really mostly a question out of curiosity. Actually there’s something that I like about the lower rpm Mcculloch big block saws as is, because they seem to be able to run pretty much any size bar at a similar performance rate, and the torque is so high that they seem to just laugh at knots and tough spots in bigger wood, where many other higher speed saws bog and tire out.

Back