McCulloch 440 plug choice?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooky32

Reaction score
I have acquired a nice McCulloch 440 saw. It needed some carb work which I have finished. It had a Champion J17LM in it. I want to find out the proper plug and gap for this saw but my searches on the internet have given basically no results. The saw runs pretty well but I feel it needs a new plug for me to finish tuning the carb. For those who are not familiar with the 440 it is a 89cc saw that parts are for the most part nonexistent. If anyone knows of someone who is a real mac guru send me their way.

Thanks for your help.

Darrin in Ohio

Mac 440 plug

Thanks for the great info. You bet it will help. That info will pretty much help with any question I could have.

Thanks Again!!
Darrin in Ohio

I have acquired a nice McCulloch 440 saw. The saw runs pretty well but I feel it needs a new plug for me to finish tuning the carb. For those who are not familiar with the 440 it is a 89cc saw that parts are for the most part nonexistent. Darrin in Ohio
Well,the parts deal depends on weather it is an old reed valve engine or the Italian made Mac of vintage 1988 or so.I don't know much about the later nor do I have any info.

The reed engine is just basically a super 250/650./super 44a,and many other models with minor changes .Mac for some reason liked to change the numbers on these things from time to time.Internally they used a lot of the same parts.If the saw is a reed engine,Mac lists the plug as a Champion J8J.,gaped at .025.

McCulloch 440

Darrin,
You wouldn't be interested in selling that old thing would you?
Art in Ohio

I have acquired a nice McCulloch 440 saw. It needed some carb work which I have finished. It had a Champion J17LM in it. I want to find out the proper plug and gap for this saw but my searches on the internet have given basically no results. The saw runs pretty well but I feel it needs a new plug for me to finish tuning the carb. For those who are not familiar with the 440 it is a 89cc saw that parts are for the most part nonexistent. If anyone knows of someone who is a real mac guru send me their way.

Thanks for your help.

Darrin in Ohio

Latest posts

Back