mcCulloch 740

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manostihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
im not sure if its a 740 based on pics i found on here butill post some pics later but my dad got this saw from a friend at work who was afraid to use it its missing the air filter and cover i tried to fire it up the other day and it fired but didnt stay running but the :censored: pullstart wouldnt recoil i hve tried to recoil it but i cant get the spring coiled the right way how in the :censored: do i fix this:(

Just take the 3 screws off the starter housing and coil the metal band up (its tricky) and place the curved ends in the inside of the housing and the outside of the puller thingey. make sure the ends are propperly bent.
I just battled with the recoil spring on a pocket bike.
I have delt with the one on my 797 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it look like this one?

McCulloch 740
Date: 1963-1964
Displacement: 6.04 In³ / 99 cc
Drive: Direct drive
Chain: .404 pitch

Notes: Right hand starter, McCulloch flat back carburetor, automatic chain oiler with manual over ride.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

McCulloch 740
Date: 1963-1964
Displacement: 6.04 In³ / 99 cc
Drive: Direct drive
Chain: .404 pitch

Notes: Right hand starter, McCulloch flat back carburetor, automatic chain oiler with manual over ride.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

yep that looks exactly like my saw except i dont have that flat black carb cover and automatic oiler with manual override?!?!?! or does it?!?!?! hows the direct dirve work does that mean the chain always spins even on start up? cause mine didnt

Just take the 3 screws off the starter housing and coil the metal band up (its tricky) and place the curved ends in the inside of the housing and the outside of the puller thingey. make sure the ends are propperly bent.
I just battled with the recoil spring on a pocket bike.
I have delt with the one on my 797 too.

yeah ill jus have to keep tryin but thanks for that help

Latest posts

Back