Mealy Apples with worms.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodean

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Can you folks help at all? I have a client that has a couple of young fruit trees. An apple and a pear to be exact. I don't know the cultivars. The climate is warm in Marin ca. near the golden gate. Is it water? Fertilizer? or should it be trimmed to accentuate the fruit spars. The trees are no taller than seven feet. I don't know much about fruit production. Any ideas?
D

Some apple varieties are mealy just as a variety characteristic. Red Rome when left on the tree too long is very mealy. As far as worms, a regular regimen of malathion & methoxyclor or imidan alongwith some IPM such as red sticky coated spheres will take care of the worms.

It could be the vapors coming off of the many hot tubs in conjunction with too much stroking with peacock feathers...you did say Marin County, right heh heh :rolleyes:

Redwood hot tubs with trex decking and a boat load of Rhododendrons summer irrigating under the Local Oaks. Why is my tree declining? I don't know maybe water it some more. I can talk about Marin Clients for a spell o' time and den some. I guess Marin was really known for the ???? industry in the eighties. Of course I came premature to that. But everyone thinks that the California climate, you can grow anything. I'm still a hair under Six feet.
D

Latest posts

Back