Merry Christmas/Snow in Georgia/Woodpile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Merry Christmas guys! Snow in Georgia on Christmas day, whoo HOO! Tell ya whut, this doesn't happen all that often. Shot of the stored solar with the white stuff....prettier than it looks, really need a better cam, but so it goes. Hope ya all having some good times!

Hi Zogger

Very nice. Lot of wood there!

This is in summerville/calhoun??

Got 1-2 inches here in gwinnett county (suwanee)

Its ice now on my driveway and access road to townhouse.

Sure was a treat indeed!

Josh

NICE!!!

Glad to hear y'all got a bit of the white stuff on Christmas.
Makes everything look new, clean, and fresh and puts a tingle in the air.
Kinda fitting on the day.

Make sure to help the kids enjoy it while it lasts, and before it goes to Mud.;)
Red clay snowball stains don't make momma happy. LOL!!

Merry Christmas
Dingeryote

Wood

Ya, lotta wood. There's another 1.5 cords or better you can't see in that pic stacked on the other side of the wellhouse. I'm trying to get two winter heating seasons ahead with the wood, that will be around 8 cord. You can see it on the first page of the flickr account here, scroll down a bit. That stack is now all full and covered with a tarp, so more than what is in the pic. It's all from that tornado damage, red oak from the roof hit, and smaller stuff from the shagbark hickory down in the field. I've still got a lot more to cut of the bigger stuff and piles of rounds to split, and more cut and waiting to be moved up from down in the field.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47337730@N08/

We got about the same two inches of snow, still on the ground now and it shifted from wet sticky snow to today extra crunchy dry. Yep, we are in that area you mention.

the kids

Ha, I'm the big kid here playing in the snow! The doggies like it, and just a few of the cats, but only one went out yesterday though for a walk with us. It was funny, the barn cats are all sitting in the barn staring out, you can see it in their expressions "no, we ain't going out in that stuff when we got this nice cozy barn and the slow ground monkey bringing us kibbles". Ha! I gave them some sardines yesterday as a treat. As long as I see no rats, I feed them good, if I ever see a rat, I cut that hand delivered food supply down, and I see few rats, tell ya whut. The place was over run with them when we moved in (it had sat empty for years), after the second year with cats, rats got scarce. Cats "just work" for that.

Anyway, I like fresh snow to go look at animal tracks, see what is up.

More over to the east of here in the mountains they get snow a lot in the winter, but here we only usually get a dusting or two, so yesterday's snowfall was pretty cool. Of course it will melt soon and back to the usual half frozen mud.

More pics, including the festivus ladder!

Ya, lotta wood. There's another 1.5 cords or better you can't see in that pic stacked on the other side of the wellhouse. I'm trying to get two winter heating seasons ahead with the wood, that will be around 8 cord. You can see it on the first page of the flickr account here, scroll down a bit. That stack is now all full and covered with a tarp, so more than what is in the pic. It's all from that tornado damage, red oak from the roof hit, and smaller stuff from the shagbark hickory down in the field. I've still got a lot more to cut of the bigger stuff and piles of rounds to split, and more cut and waiting to be moved up from down in the field.

We got about the same two inches of snow, still on the ground now and it shifted from wet sticky snow to today extra crunchy dry. Yep, we are in that area you mention.

hi zogger

nice wood pile. This your main heat source? It is for my friend. Wood stove-pipe to upstairs. Same as furnace but no gas. Just wood. Money for gas for truck and saws. Cheap.

I'm going to do this eventually.

Yes your talking about mtns in blue ridge/blairsville.

Showed some dude plowing with a 4 wheeler up there on ch2 news.

I'm a country boy. We can survive.

Snow is gone here now.

J.

Latest posts

Back