Milled my first boards today(pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niiiiiice log. Wow. Yes, you will sharpen a lot, get a couple of other chains to swap out and sharpen at the end of the day.

Mark

Oldsaw,
I have an extra chain for this bar 24" and couple for a 28" bar also. I think I will do just that, swap them around instead of sharpening avery so often. I guess there is no big drawback using the 28", little bigger than I really need, but bought them before I got this setup.

Thanks, Gregg

Im wondering how hard it would be to build one

Does anyone have any close up pictures or drawings of this type mill?? It looks pretty simple

The cracks that you see are stress cracks and most all logs will have them to some degree. The key is to get the end seal on as soon after the tree is fell as possible to slow the moister loss, and minimize additional cracking. Orient the saw to the crack and level the pith so that it can be removed in one board rather then two or three boards. Nice log, wish they were all that nice. Enjoy your mill and the wood that you make with it.

Does anyone have any close up pictures or drawings of this type mill?? It looks pretty simple

TNMIKE
You can download the manuals for these Logosol products from there web site. There free to download, in .pfd format. That should give you some good ideas, as they show all the parts. I'll add a couple more pics here.
Gregg

100_0068.jpg

100_0072.jpg

100_0056.jpg

Latest posts

Back