Mini-Mill Nail Holes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kicker_92

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any of you guys have a better system for attaching your mini mill to the log that doesn't leave several nail holes in the face of the first slab?

Image from Granberg website:
attachment.php

It's fine if your making the first cut, but once you have the top faced off, I'd prefer to avoid putting holes in it. Any suggestions?

Ive only done pine,.. so maybe someone else has a better answer,.. but

The mini mill holes close right back up in the green softwood. Once the cant is made the mini get put to the side and your just slabbing. Great care must be taken when first laying the aluminum rails on the mini 2 x 6 to make sure they are perfect,.. this is very important! :) And I only use 3 screws when attaching the guide to the log, it doesnt move.

Last edited:
The mini mill holes close right back up in the green softwood. And I only use 3 screws when attaching the guide to the log, it doesnt move.

I'd never thought of the that, the hole will mostly close up as it dries! I've only using two nails per setup, seems to work fine.

I like that ideas of putting a 2x4 on the end, I only have a 12ft section of rail, but that would avoid at least one set of nail holes at each end.

Anyone set up a clamping system like the track-saws? (Festool, etc)

Back