Mobile Dimension?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father in law had one, we milled a lot of lumber on it. It does a good job but cuts a big kerf compared to the band mills.

We used it on big logs. It was nice in one respect, the carriage returned the board to the off bear and it was easy to have mutiple sorts, endo to he mill.

I hated shoveling saw chips. It really made a lot of sawdust.

I milled some wood for a younger dude over in the Dora, Sumner area that had one of those. As a stationary setup, they are not too bad. Other then cleaning up under them. They do cut a little rougher then the band saws and it takes a different style of sawing to mill up a log, as you end up leaving two of the edgings intact and just cut the center out of the log. I would have to think long and hard before I added a mobile dimension mill to my collection. They are an improvement over the single round saw and when you hit a nail you just change the damaged teeth, and the tooth inserts fit all three saws. Not to many teeth on the saws to maintain either. Next question is how to you like working on Volkswagen engines? Keep the toolbox handy, as there is always something that needs adjusted.

We had a clamp on grinder that was easy to sharpen the teeth. It cut good, and cut true.

Took a lot of time squaring the log to the mill. Wasn't worth the effort for small logs.

Latest posts

Back