MS 310 problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OR nurse

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a MS 310 that has fewer that 20 hours on it. This saw feels like a dog compared to other saws I've run. Virtually no power, slow, etc. My 021 has more power and speed than the 310. I took it back to the dealer, and he said it's running fine, just needs the chain sharpened which he did. Still, little power going through bigger wood. It has a 20" bar. I have read about CAT mufflers on Husky saws, is this the problem with mine? Should I just go with a 390, or 361?

I have a MS 310 that has fewer that 20 hours on it. This saw feels like a dog compared to other saws I've run. Virtually no power, slow, etc. My 021 has more power and speed than the 310. I took it back to the dealer, and he said it's running fine, just needs the chain sharpened which he did. Still, little power going through bigger wood. It has a 20" bar. I have read about CAT mufflers on Husky saws, is this the problem with mine? Should I just go with a 390, or 361?

Try a muffler mod first that will help some. I have a 039 I modded-pull the little cover off the front you'll see just little slits for exhaust. I posted a thread on here awhile back on how I modded mine. Livened it up noticeable and sounds cool too. Drill a hole about 80% of the exhaust port area, throw the screen and cover back on and your done-will have to re-tune the carb though and set richer on he Hspeed. I had to pull the limit plugs for the Hspeed/low speed adjust screws also in thread to get desired richness(also in thread),as the mixture screws have 3/4 adjust limits in which isn't enough in my situation. http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=96979:cheers:

Same here i modded my ms390's muffler mod made it twice as strong! and i have a ms290 i modded that would cut as fast as my ms390 when it was stock!!:jawdrop:

Back