MS210 Oil pump reassembly?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madrone

madrone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just finished replacing clutch side seal on a 210 and thought i'd get through it w/out bugging anyone here but so much for that.
Putting back in the oil pump I realized that it's gotta go in fairly detailed. So I ask: How far do I tap it in and which holes faces where?
Also, how long for Dirko to set up.
As always, Thanks for all the help. It sure wouldn't be so easy without all the info on this site.

:givebeer:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Just finished replacing clutch side seal on a 210 and thought i'd get through it w/out bugging anyone here but so much for that.
Putting back in the oil pump I realized that it's gotta go in fairly detailed. So I ask: How far do I tap it in and which holes faces where?
Also, how long for Dirko to set up.
As always, Thanks for all the help. It sure wouldn't be so easy without all the info on this site.

:givebeer:

I refrain from commenting on this one...

.......OK, where is the closest dumpster.....

Stihl #1

Stihl #1

ArboristSite Operative
As with most Stihl stuff like this there is a special tool that makes it real easy, and I suspect you do not have it. Line up the pump according to this picture:

attachment.php

Press it in to the same depth as it was sitting at originally, since you don't have the tool that will set the depth correctly. If you do not know where it should be, look from the clutch side and press it in so the gear is about centered on the crankshaft, so the worm gear will spin it properly. I don't really know exactly since I use the special tool to do this.
HTH

madrone

madrone

Addicted to ArboristSite
I forgot that every time the 210 is mentioned that it wakes the Troll from slumber and gets Windblown's heart rate up . :)
I'll just say that my girlfriend thinks its a great saw (downsized from the 250 lol) and I limb with it sometimes. For $100 i'll put up with some flac.
The picture was a great help, I had it pretty close though.
I put some air to the bottom inlet and a drop of oil in the hole where it oils the chain and turned the pump till it blew oil all over me. I think it's lined up ok.
So how long for the Dirko to set so I can get back to some real MANLY cuttin?

:monkey:

Stihl #1

Stihl #1

ArboristSite Operative
Dirko is just high temp silicone. Best practice is to spread it and let it air tack for a few minutes to get the oxygen in the air to start the setting up process, then assemble the parts. I believe a better seal is formed in this manner. I wait until it has skinned over, so that when I touch it with the tip of my finger none of it comes away. Silicone gasket material is called RTV, which stands for room temperature vulcanizing, and according to everything I have read that means letting the air start the reaction before assembly.
But Andy is right, overnight should be long enough.

Latest posts