ms290 fuel tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targis34

Reaction score
Just new to the site. I really should be cutting but have been stalled by the stihl. It seems to run fine out of wood but stalls with any type of heavier cut. I have cleaned the carbs, reset the H&L settings, pulled the exhaust ( checked the piston -ok) and got back to the carb.
I have (in the carb area) a black hose comes direct from the tank near the cap. Looks like ventilation to me. I can blow into this line with the cap off but it plugs up when I put the gas cap back on.
I have yet to check the fuel line for cracks. And when i get off here to check more I will be looking at another hose, bottom right looking at carb. I think its just a overflow.

Anyhoo, It seems to me the newer style caps did away with a vent hole and must have gone to this other style like I have. Any ideas of what could be plugging up this line??

Thanks Mike

it's a one way valve - tank-vent... you can suck though it (careful - gas) but not blow...

Check your fuel hose (tank to carb) carefully - they can crack and you'll be sucking air.

Last edited:
Back