My 1947 Dodge 2 Ton wood hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but I just can't resist....

My Dad's favorite line about an old Dodge that they owned in that era,,,,,,

"If you were eating an ice cream cone in that car on a 90 degree day,,,,,it wouldn't start!"

Bob

I just read all your replies, so what you are saying is these are a very good dependable truck right?

Can be, most of the stories come from the fact that oldtimers scrimpt and filled the hole in the floorboards with lumber instead of a battery. Just gettting old and nobody supports them. They are from a time when things could be worked on cheap and the local service station would work overnight so you could run your can route in the morning. But really I go look at my '41 1 1/2 ton and it does not have as much frame as my 1990 F250.

Nice truck.
204042d1319342575-img_3219-jpg

Damn it i love that truck, but it is still advisable to get old truck nowadays? i wanna have one but how about maintaining it? where do you guys get dodge parts for old trucks like that? i find it more attractive than new models of dodge trucks, i dunno why maybe i am just getting old. lol.

Latest posts

Back