My MF 300 dozer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Made its way back to the farm today. It has been out on loan for a few weeks.. Gosh I missed it.. I unloaded it off my buddy's trailer and put it straight to work. We had an old chicken house that was about ready to collapse. so Dad and I burnt it a few weeks ago. That left the concrete foundation standing. Some of which had 3 feet of concrete sticking up. SO I dug a trench almost 4 feet deep next to it and pushed the concrete down into it.. I still need to cover it up.. I hate to admit this but I got cold.. was 32 degrees and I only had on jeans and a sweatshirt and a pair of Jersey gloves..
I will cover it up later today. I have a friend coming over to cut some firewood today. Cut wood first. then play on bulldozer.
Life can not get much better for me today..House is toasty warm I have more than enough wood cut for the season.Now just to sell some windows to make sure we can eat something besides deer meat that son and I put in freezer last weekend.

I too enjoy operating equip. I have operated many pieces, but I can't say I have operated a dozer. Sounds like you're having a great day! Take some pix please.

One of the coldest peices of machinery you can run in the wintertimeunless you have a heat tube(we never had one)Backhoe with no cab ranks up there too.

We have a CAT highlift in the family, 955, helps with cleaning up fence rows. Hope you enjoy the pics, they are from a few years ago.

ps don't want to hijack your thread, but thought I would give you'all some pics.

cat1.jpg

cat2.jpg

cat3.jpg

Oh guys, cut it out! Next thing I'll be figuring out that I NEED one of those toys too :)

Ken

icreek

I ran a 955 many years ago pulling a sheeps foot roller on a road job. I was carrying a carpenters card at the time.. Not sure why they had me running a loader.. But hey it was fun for a day or two,.
My buddy has a MF loader comparable to a 955 except his only turns to the right..In order to turn left you have to brake right, and reverse.. Kind a pain in the keester but it will be a real beech to get into it to fix. It is a six cylinder machine whereas my 300 is a 4 banger.
I used to use a 4x4 tractor in the woods.. Til I got the dozer.. Now the tractor will spend more time in the shed I believe..Dozer is far safer and many times more maneuverable in the woods. Plus it will pull more logs and tops.

Wow ericjeeper, that would be fun operating various pieces of equipment. My BIL bought this new Bobcat (his favorite toy) and grapple this summer, he is self employed with the skidsteer, a dumptruck, and trackhoe. He swears by these rubber track, loves them. The grapple is just for farm use, we have two, one for the CAT skidsteer also.

Here are some shots (during this summer) clearing up a field that had a bunch of cedars and locust that we cut 1 year prior. He drove around the field and gathered everything up into a couple large brush piles for buring. Also had my FIL following behind with his CAT skidsteer and a new brush hog attachment (last pic).

bc1.jpg

bc2.jpg

bc3.jpg

cat_brushhog.jpg

Last edited:
mf 300 id like to see pics of that i think we had a 300 mf loader three banger perkens in it good little crawler
larry

Hey I like that front mount mower! That's better than having to back over the bigger stuff, LOL.

Ken

Latest posts

Back