my old man was cutn with the 310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
this morning so i had to run home and grab the 359, we ended up buckn some junk logs and trees weve hauled in off jobs. i was listening to him cutn with the 310 i muff modded and i was thinkn man that thing sounds pretty good.

so i told him to run the 359 and he did, i hear it go into the cut and he lets it be at part throttle, he makes a few cuts and stops and i tell him give her the coals. and holy crap she sounds good, ive always been running it sounds difrent from aways back. i realy like the danged thing it impresses me all the time

he finaly stops, wearin a sit eatn grin shakn his head sayn its fast. i also ran the 310 to and it runs good but nowhere near the ported 359. i was kinda exscited that he finaly ran the 359, ive been talkin it up to him for awhile now i even had the 026 along to and he cut some with it. we were cutn small wood and the new oregon lgx chain realy cuts well just as fast as the rsc thats on the 310

im now thinkin about porting the 310 but i cant decided if its worth it partily because i want to bump compression but cant

anyways thats what went on today.

Evan

Sounds like a good day. I love listening to saws run, even if I can't see where they are.

Forgive me for still being such a :newbie:, but compression can't be raised because of the clam shell design, right? I've been thinking about trying to port my 310, but overlooked that minor detail...

thats how i see it, compresion is fixed on these saws. 310 has alot less compression then the 359 i havent stuck the gauge on it but id imagine its 150 or less.

im now thinkin about porting the 310 but i cant decided if its worth it partily because i want to bump compression but cant

A lot of people bump compression as a matter of course, but it's not always the best thing to do, and certainly is not a prerequisite to porting a saw. More is not necessarily better with compression.

Of course, with the compression chamber fixed to the cylinder, the only way to narrow the squish band is by bumping compression.

Latest posts

Back