My walnut tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice we have one in locust valley its over 20 ' dba will post some pics soon tom trees

20 feet in DIAMETER? WOW! Old growth? Or just very old? That would be one nice tree just to look at. Big old trees really blow my mind. I need to see the California redwoods before I die.

20 feet in DIAMETER? WOW! Old growth? Or just very old? That would be one nice tree just to look at. Big old trees really blow my mind. I need to see the California redwoods before I die.

me to i live on the north shore of long island big hills and big trees its not like and island tom trees

It looks like a nice sized tree, and should make some nice lumber.

Is that poison oak growing up the side?

Poison Ivy. One of those things I need to take care of but keep putting off. I sprayed it with herbicide this last weekend.

I'm ambivalent about taking the tree down. I'm not sure how healthy it is. But it's not in a bad place and while I really love high quality wood work, big old trees are cool, too.

A 20' dbh walnut sounds a bit far fetched, you sure it's not 6'-4"dbh and 20' circumfrence?

I was thinking that was one massive tree. But I don't have extensive experience so you can still fool me. Though 6' in diameter is bigger than any walnut than I've seen.

Back