Need a little help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman48507

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recently became a licensed pesticide applicator, and have had customers ask such questions as what if the product doesn't perform. Such as what if the tree dies . What recourse would I have against a products manufacture ? Thanks in Advance , Treeman48507

Hopefully little or NO recourse against a products manufacturer. It could possibly stifle future products for fear of negative recoarse by less than professional or knowledgable applicators.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of "recourse' against anyone. Having applied pesticides for 20 years, it's more a matter of setting proper expectations at point of sale. Pesticides, fertilizers or anything applied to a tree is no guarantee of life... Does a doctor treating a patient for cancer guarantee the patient won't die, no way. If the patient does die is there a lawsuit against chemo manufacturer, nope. If there's one fact I've learned in 20 years it's that there are NO "silver bullets". No one (or more) applications of anything can guarantee control. The best policy is to be honest w/your clients, recommend your best available course of action and proceed.

Back