Need advice: Fuel line brand and gasoline (10% Ethanol) resistant sealant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banditt007

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Some general small engine questions....I need to know if there is a fuel line that wont get stiff and shrink when using E10 gasoline!? For that matter, i have a trimmer that has only seen Trufuel and the lines still went bad in no time. I've found the hardware store brands i've used, shrink/get stiff and their interference fit into the gas tank then starts leaking in about a year!! These lines have been the yellow tinted transparent ones. I've noticed the all black lines seem to last longer that come OEM on some small engines. Where can i get GOOD QUALITY line that wont deteriorate so quickly? When the barb fittings mic out to .125" should i really be looking for 3mm ID fuel line (.118") for a good fit, or should i go with the 1/8" ID line? Finally i am working on a 1/2 crank engine and need to seal the back plastic cover (that has the reed valve) to the crank case. I want an RTV like gasket maker that will hold up to the E10/trufuel. I found Permatex Motoseal, but then saw a video of it and it seems much more watery than regular RTV. Is this Yamabond stuff more viscous? What number yamabond do i need, i see that there are a few. THanks.

Specialty Gasket Makers : Permatex® MotoSeal® 1 Ultimate Gasket Maker Grey

Allegedly there is some e30 level proof tygon line now, but I haven't used any. That might last longer.

Weird on the one using trufuel to still have issues. Ya, I would want better line, too.

Threads on gasket maker are all over the site, the latest threebond is 1184, they don't make the 1194 any longer.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/236746.htm

I recently bought and installed in a few saws Tygon tygothane LP1500. It is a little stiffer than the F4040. I don't know on longevity yet. It wasn't much more if any than F4040. It is rated for E10.

I was always told on here that liquid gasket is a no-no for cylinder gaskets. Pretty much anything where squish comes into affect. And that was told to me from pro re builders. As for line Tygon is the only option. if anything it will last 15X longer than the other clear or black stuff.

I recently bought and installed in a few saws Tygon tygothane LP1500. It is a little stiffer than the F4040. I don't know on longevity yet. It wasn't much more if any than F4040. It is rated for E10.

I've been using that stuff lately. You have to be careful about getting the length between the tank and the carb just right because it kinks easily.

Latest posts

Back