Need help identifying Husky saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildmyown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First off sorry for making another post about this but thought it might help get my other post some more exposure. For all the details please refer to this post.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=97085

If you need any more info I will do my best to provide it. I dont mind doing the research myself just point me in the right direction. Yes i tried the search function without much luck maybe i am trying the wrong terms.
Thanks.

Here are some numbers and specs.
The saw that still has the date and ser# tag i think i can say that it is a 1984 266SE the sticker was still on the starter cover and the piston measures out to 50mm.

Here are some numbers for the 1984.
One side of jug reads: V Malle
The other side reads: 50ZN13 W4
Carb is a Tillotson
Mag reads:
EM Sweden
501 5252-02
114SE->W 423

Here are some specs on the unknown model.
Piston mics out at 45-47mm could be my mic giving an odd reading
One side of Jug reads: Malle V
Other side of Jug reads: 48ZN5++W5
Mag:
SEM Sweden
100 456 00
AM/114E-->M3
Carb: S163A919

Last edited:
Ok that solves that question but what about the bore size? If I am reading everything right the 266 should have a 50mm bore this one does not.

Also if the the number on the jug is the bore size then this would be a 48mm bore that last part is just speculation on my part because the other one mics out to 50 and the number on the jug which i am assuming is a part number of sorts reads 50.

Someone correct me if i am wrong.

This probably isn't helping you any, but .....

262XP has a 45mm bore.

263CD has a 47mm bore.

Does the saw say 266 on it? Is that how you figured they were both 266s, or did he say that they were?

Do any of the two above saws interchange as far as P&C go? Considering that the P&C is in such good shape on the second one, perhaps it was repaired with a different P&C?

On the other hand, I guess I should also ask (for one of the Husqvarna gurus) if the earlier 266 models had a smaller bore?

Like I said, this probably doesn't help, but at least it's a free bump!

:cheers:

This probably isn't helping you any, but .....

262XP has a 45mm bore.Dont think so unless its a real early version

263CD has a 47mm bore.Same for this one plus it doesnt have the black or gray handle which seams to be specific to the CD lineup

Does the saw say 266 on it? Is that how you figured they were both 266s, or did he say that they were?One still says 266 on it and thats the one that mics out at 50mm the one in question is missing all of the tage that I know of. He said that all they ever ran were 266's

Do any of the two above saws interchange as far as P&C go? Considering that the P&C is in such good shape on the second one, perhaps it was repaired with a different P&C? This is a very good possibility

On the other hand, I guess I should also ask (for one of the Husqvarna gurus) if the earlier 266 models had a smaller bore?

Like I said, this probably doesn't help, but at least it's a free bump!

:cheers: chris thanks for the help and free bump. I have the day off tomorrow so I am going to swing by the local husky shop with the saw that is in question and see what he has to say.

:cheers: chris thanks for the help and free bump. I have the day off tomorrow so I am going to swing by the local husky shop with the saw that is in question and see what he has to say.

Here's another bump.

I took that info from the acres site as I have no firsthand experience with 266s.

Hopefully one of the experienced (with Husqvarnas) members will chime in and help you ID that second saw!

Here are some specs on the unknown model.
Piston mics out at 45-47mm could be my mic giving an odd reading
One side of Jug reads: Malle V
Other side of Jug reads: 48ZN5++W5
Mag:
SEM Sweden
100 456 00
AM/114E-->M3
Carb: S163A919

162SE, based on "48" and the orange top cover (could of course have been changed, but....)

Last edited:
Thanks SawTroll and everyone else now time to find some parts. The 266 is easy Baileys has parts for that but I didnt see anything listed for a 162. Anyone know if 262 parts will swap over?

Back